Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Mom Knows Best: Looking Good Equals Feeling Good

Me and Mom aka Style Icon/Mamager/Banana-bread Baker

Growing up, we didn't have a lot of money, but my mother instilled in us the need to always look put together, irregardless of budget. My sister, Michelle, and I had no excuses, and no point of destination that didn't require a well-thought-out ensemble. We learned that when we look good, it helped us feel good, which in turn bred confidence and helped us fight through whatever life threw our way.  

Yes, style isn't just about the must-haves of the season. Style and personal grooming are tools I use to smile through even the darkest of days with confidence, grace and panache

Three years ago, my motto, looking good equals feeling good, was put to the test when my father passed away from a rare vasculitis disease. Days after his  funeral, I vividly remember my mother telling us, "Nobody should feel sorry for you. Always look your best." It may sound trivial to get your hair done or put on a nice shirt, after such a monumental lose, but we did it, as we always had, to forge ahead.  

Here's to always looking good, feeling great, respecting ourselves and getting through anything, one sassy stiletto at a time. 

And remember, no excuses. Always be your best you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment