· Jolie, bedazzled headband – keep your main in beautifully coiffed check
· IT Cosmetics, Buy Buy Under Eye, Lip/Cheek Stain, Hello Lashes, – put it on, on the way to the hospital and believe you me, even if you are in labor for 24 hours (eekks!) your makeup will not give you away
· BG Birthing Gown – because why should you be stuck with a boring hospital gown? (Disclaimer – I didn’t wash mine in time, so, alas, my gown waits for its debut with baby #2 … no I have no announcements, yet.)
· Pinch Provisions, Labor & Delivery Kit – from a stop watch to a back massager, this little kit has a lot of goodies for your partner (yes, put them to work!!) to help ease your stress
· Jurlique, Rose Water Mist – instead of moist towelettes, you deserve to be mystified. Ask your hubby to spray you between pushes!
· Noodle & Boo, Room Spray – create some ambiance with a light scent to sooth your senses and your nerves. Ah, another task for the husband.
· Only Hearts, robe – for those long walks down the hospital corridors
· Naturopathica, Vitamin K Brightening Eye Serum and PlantStem Cell Serum – get into the habit of pampering your face with a quick 2 minute mommy spa moment each night. These products have helped me combat puffiness, dark circles and wrangle wrinkles caused by, well, just being a new mom! Let the hubby know you need this time if he wants you to maintain your pretty face and happy attitude.
· Belly Wrap - tighten that tummy asap. Wear it day and night for two months and you’ll see results. I’m STILL wearing mine around the house.
· Noodle & Boo, Afterglow Gel – tighten that skin even more
· Mustela, Stretch marks Intensive Action –this brand saved my body from stretch marks. I’m almost completely stretch mark free! Again this needs to be part of your nightlight 5 minute spa routine. You must find time for yourself, and it starts from day one in the hospital*.
· If nursing - nursing bra, nursing pads and nipple cream
· GOGO by Therafirm, gradient compression leggings - helps with leg swelling, which happened to me after giving birth … wear them in the hospital as a preventative measure)
· Hair Iron – pictures galore. Need I say more?
Reality check: you won’t find time to do all of your beauty routine, every day, but you must try. Skipping pampering/beauty time can be an exception, not the norm. Again, make sure your partner knows how important it is for your happiness and thus the happiness of your union and your family, for you to have zen moments in order to be your stylish, glowing self!
And for Dad
· Clothing: 3 Pack of Hanes t-shirts and track suit doubles as pjs; undies; socks
· basic toiletries - toothpaste/brush, deodorant; etc.
· Healthy, nonperishable snacks from Bestowed.com handpicked monthly by nutritionist Heather Bauer … get dad and mom on the right track and makes it easy. Easy is the magic word these days
· Smart phone charger
· iPad for Skyping with family/friends