Tuesday, February 4, 2014

P2 Beauty: At Your Doorstep Salon with Glamsquad App

As a busy mom, it's not easy to squeeze in a hair appointment - even when you work mostly from home. I've had to SOS, beg stylists to come to my house at odd hours of the day! Now, my graveling days are over thanks to Glamsquad, a new app that will do for the beauty industry what Seamless Web has done for ordering takeout - make life convenient. 

First, decide on a hair style from their curated menu, created by Glamsquad Creative Director and former former Senior Stylist at Frederic Fekkai Giovanni Vaccaro, Then, plug in your location (currently only offered in NYC and part of Brooklyn), desired time of appointment and credit card information. A 20% gratuity will automatically be added, so there is no need for cash. You can set up an appointment ten days in advance, or as short notice as one hour. Considering the at-your-door, VIP service, pricing is very reasonable by New York standards - blowouts $50, braids $75, up-dos $85-$125.
Selection of hair style options from Glamsquad
Selection of hair style options from Glamsquad
More cities will be added in the near future, as well as additional glam services. 


PS At last week's launch party, I had my favorite sidekick, Ms. Ilana Rose. She was amazing, clapping during the presentation and smiling as mommy got her hair braided. Then, she was all too excited to snatch my swag bag. Fortunately, I don't mid sharing with my princess. 
Ilana watches mommy get glam at Glamsquad launch event
Ilana likes her gift bag

No comments:

Post a Comment