Monday, March 3, 2014

Pam's Picks: Best Dressed 2014 Oscars

I broke the no TV rule, last night and let Ilana stay in the living room while mommy enjoyed +E! Entertainment Red Carpet Special from the 86th Annual Academy Awards. She enjoyed her first Red Carpet viewing, but I think Ilana liked cuddling with daddy even more. 
After much debate, here are my top five, best dressed of the night. Do you agree?

Best Dressed Ladies at 2014 Oscars
Kate Hudson in Versace Atelier, 2014 Oscars
The sequence cape or whatever that was, was everything. I love when presenters steal the show!
Portia de Rossi in Naeem Khan, 2014 Oscars 
I want to buy this Naeem Khan gown in white, coral, black, radiant orchid... The fit of the halter dress, the ivory color against Portia de Rossi's milky skin, the honeycomb-beading, the ideal train length, the gorgeous back, it was all perfection. The accessories, her +Fendi clutch and +Christian Dior jewelry completed the mesmerizing style moment. 
Lupita Nyong'o in Prada, 2014 Oscars
I Last night's princess story belonged to 12 Years A Slave star, and Best Supporting Actress winner, Lupita Nyong'o. Her ethereal, powder-blue +Prada gown was an ideal choice for her skin tone and delicate frame. I loved the flecks of sheen in the pleated skirt. And, of course, nobody can stop talking about her simple, graceful Fred Leighton diamond-and-gold headband. Actually, I guess diamonds aren't simple :).  
 Sandra Bullock in Alexander McQueen, 2014 Oscars
Although I'm deeply again the promoting Alexander McQeen, for personal reasons, I can't deny that Sandra Bullock looked regal and Oscar-worthy in this satin gown featuring a sweetheart neckline and dramatic draping. The minimal, but effective, use of Lorrain Schwartz jewels pulled it all together.   
Jenna Dewan-Tatum in Reem Acra, 2014 Oscars
A big trend of the night was sequence on sheen, but it ended up washing out many of the leading ladies much like the rain outside the Dolby Theater.  Jenna Dewan-Tatum's Reem Acra gown was the excpetion. The greyish hue worked with her dark hair, and I love how the beading blended into the feather-like mermaid skirt. Can I get married again, in this dress? +Reem Acra, my five year anniversary is coming up in August. Let's talk. 

Honorary mention goes to:
Bette Midler in Reem Acra, 2014 Oscars
Nobody does it for me quite like The Divine Ms M. I've loved her since I was a little girl and I'm so happy she brought it, last night, in this fiesty, crimson Reem Acra gown which recenlty graced the runways at Mercedes-Benz Fall 2014 Fashion Week in New York. I love that I want to wear this dress, but I'd also want to see it on my mother.  Trend alert: Ms. M was also rocking the short hair, pulled back in waves style that seems to be ageless when done right.  
Christine Teigen in Monique Lhuillier,  2014 Oscars
Christine Teigen looked wonderful in +Monique Lhuillier, but it was her joyful presnce that won me over. Trend alert -- florals of all kinds are huge this spring. Get ready to jump into the garden of fashionable delight. 
Olivia Wilde in Valentino, 2014 Oscars       
Olivia Wilde had my favorite belly bump style moment, last night. The back of her Valentino dress was so simple, yet a great lasting visual for everyone she passed. I would have placed her on my best dressed list were it not for some technical issues and poor tailoring around the chest. I'm sure nobody noticed this, but I'm on my second pregnancy and I know what it's like when that area isn't properly addressed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment