Thursday, September 12, 2013

P2 Wellness: Energy Boosting Fig Pomegranate Salad

I’ve been feeling really tired the past few days; the kind of dragged-through-the-mud-by-a-truck-after-running-a-10k-marathon tried I felt when I was still pumping milk. Granted, I only closed the Milk Factory about two weeks ago, so my body is still adjusting. After days of falling asleep right before dinner, not being able to walk my daughter, Ms. Ilana Rose, in the morning, and moped around this house in a robe without any makeup, I decide to take action and jump back on the ultra-healthy bandwagon I jumped on when Ilana was born. I also needed to jump back on the Always Be Your Best You bandwagon!

On Tuesday morning, after a motivating chat with my mother I got out of bed, washed my face with my beloved Naturopathica Aloe Cleaning Gel, and put on It Cosmetics' Bye Bye Under Eye Concealer in Light, Hello Lashes Mascara in black, and their new Lip/Cheek stain which is still not for sale** .  Mentally, I felt a pinch better, and, I STRONGLY believe mental health feeds into physical health! Next step: have lunch.

I wanted to make something with the fresh figs our neighbors gave us on Sunday, because they are an excellent source of fiber (aka energy boost). Figs are also fat, sodium and cholesterol free.  

I hope you try my yummy salad in your kitchen and commit to living your best life. Remember, we can all fall off the wagon. Only the ones that really love themselves and want to live with a Never Surrender mojo, jump back on wearing coral lipstick and killer riding boots!

Figetaboutit Pom Salad
P2 Wellness: Figetaboutit Pom Salad 
4 fresh figs  
1 cup spinach leaves (or as much as you can grab with both hands)
2 tablespoons of crumbled goat cheese
½ avocado
½ pomegranate
¼ cup of crushed walnuts (or pistachio nuts)
1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon of pomegranate juice
Pinch of salt
Pinch of pepper

1.      Dice up the figs and avocado.
2.      Cut the pomegranate and take out the juicy pits. Careful to not stain your outfit!
3.      Crush the walnuts in your hand. Smaller pieces taste better in the salad.
4.      Mix the spinach, figs, avocado, pomegranate seeds, 1 tablespoon crumbled goat cheese and crushed walnuts in a bowl.
5.      Pour extra virgin olive oil and pomegranate juice into the bowl. Add salt and pepper. Mix.
6.      Place the salad on a pretty plate. How you eat is as important as what you eat, so I’m all about elevating ambiance to enhance the culinary experience. It also puts on smile on your face!
7.      Finish off my sprinkling the remaining 1 tablespoon of crumbled goat cheese on top of your salad. 

P2 Wellness: Figetaboutit Pom Salad, ingredients
**As soon at IT Cosmetics lip/cheek stain is available, i'll be sure to share the scoop.  

No comments:

Post a Comment