Friday, September 27, 2013

P2 Lifestyle: Picasso, Warhol and Dali Selfies

At some point in college, I thought it would be a great idea to become a museum curator, but I settled on a few art history classes. I fulfill my art craving with trips to museums and flipping through the pages of The Story of Art, which, hands down, is the best art book ever. What Gary Vaynerchuk did for wine enthusiast with The Wine Library, The Story of Art  does for art lovers. It entertains and educates without talking down to you.

While flipping through the pages the other night, I realized Instagram did not create the selfie, it just revitalized the art of self portraits. Here are a few artists that know a thing or two about selfies. I'm fascinated by the different styles, colors and diffusion of reality they use. What does it say about the artist's mindset at the time? What does it say about the viewer who, likely, is interjecting her own thoughts into the interpretation. Food for thought. Now, off to take a selfie. Check them out on my Instagram page

P2 Lifestyle - Who Created The Selfie? Picasso, van GoghRembrandt 
P2 Lifestyle - More selfies Salvator Dali, Andy Warhol & Frida Kahlo 

No comments:

Post a Comment